Meth labs can be set up just about anywhere. They’ve been found in cars, trailers, homes, hotel rooms, just about anywhere the meth cook can find a heat source. When you’re shopping for a new home or looking for a new apartment, be on the alert for signs of a meth lab. Here are some signs that you should look for:
- Smells similar to fingernail polish, cat urine, or ammonia
- Propane tanks with blued fittings
- Trash that contains packages of cold medicines containing cold medicines containing ephedrine / pseudoephedrine, drain cleaner and antifreeze bottles, denatured alcohol, coffee filters stained red, lantern fuel. Bottles or jars with glass tubing
- Rust colored stains on kitchen, bath fixtures, rugs, or floors.
- Stained soil or dead vegetation.
- Bottles or jars with glass tubing.