A Meth Lab Homes exclusive story about a Utah couple who had to detox themselves after living in an apartment that was contaminated by meth lab chemicals. No one ever told them that the apartment had been used as a meth lab. They hope that by sharing their story that others will learn more about the dangers of living in a meth lab home. Here, in their own words, is their meth lab home story.
2 years ago, my husband and I got married. We received tons of presents and made many purchases of things we needed to furnish our apartment. My husband, Adam, moved into the apartment a month before we got married. The apartment was very dirty, but we cleaned it up and moved all of our stuff in.
About 2 weeks after returning home from our honeymoon, Adam got very sick. He started having hives on his legs. As time went on, his hives got worse. After a month, he had hives from head to toe. His hives were very deep, and sometimes his hives would even go down his throat blocking his airways. He also had stretch marks appear on his inner thigh for no apparent reason. I had bad migraine headaches, and a cold that never seemed to go away. I also had the strange stretch marks appear on my inner thighs as well. Both of us also suffered from memory loss, and neither of us slept well at all.
We tried everything to get his hives to go away…but they wouldn’t. Since we were newly married, doctors and other people assumed that Adam’s hives was because I must cook differently or do his laundry differently than his mother. We decided that we needed to move back in with his family for a week to see if his hives went away. After we were there for a week, we came to the conclusion that his hives had nothing to do with me, and that we needed to test our apartment for meth. The results came back positive. We were homeless, and we had nothing. At this point, Adam had only lived in the apartment for 4 months, and I had only lived in it for 3 months.
Even after moving out of the apartment, we still were sick, and our symptoms were not getting any better. Today, 2 years later, I think we are finally over this, but it took a lot of time and dedication to get our lives back to normal.
After our apartment was tested positive, there was no place to go to for help. Even today there is no help for people in this situation. Everything we did to try to get better was just from our own research. Nobody told us to do these things, and these things are not proven, but they helped us.
How we got better:
We threw everything out that had been in the apartment, including things that we were told by the health department that they were safe. We tried saving things, but then after we were sick for so long, we realized that we needed to get rid of everything because our belongings weren’t helping us get better.
Adam had hives almost for a full 2 years non-stop. He was miserable, and it was so frustrating to us that nobody knew how to make him better. After we threw out everything, we purchased a sauna and put it in the basement of our new house. We bought the book, “Clear Body Clear Mind (English)” by Ron Hubbard. We did this cleanse to a T. The cleanse was miserable, and very very hard, but we got through it. We stained towels purple, black, and yellow from the toxins that came out of our body from the meth. This cleanse lasted 6 weeks and we were in the sauna for 5-6 hours a day. We had heard about this cleanse because the government has been using it to help victims of 9-11, also, Utah is using it to help police officers who have been exposed to meth as well.
We did this cleanse after we had stayed sick for almost 2 years. The problems from being exposed to meth is it does not go away, it only gets worse.
This story has been published by Meth Lab Homes with the author’s permission.
If you have a Meth Lab Home story that you’d like to share, let us know by using our contact form that is listed at the top of this site. Rest assured, your story will not be published here without your permission.