Kratom comes from a Southeast Asian plant called Mitragyna
The Herb Movement : Kratom
How to consume Kratom? One of the most important points of Kratom is the way you
Why do people consume Kratom?
There are many studies aimed at finding out the reasons people consume kratom. One of the most important studies was conducted by Marc Swogger, a professor
Varieties of Kratom
Although we call all the leaves that come from these plants Kratom, there are several different types, and some have very distinctive characteristics:
- Kratom Maeng: one of the best varieties, very stimulating.
- Kratom Bali: it has sedative effects, similar to opium. It is taken to combat both pain and anxiety.
- Kratom Indus: it has no big effects, but its taste is quite strong, which often generates some rejection.
- Kratom Sumatra: one of the best in terms of taste. It shows multiple effects, with none of them being really significant. It’s a mood booster and it’s cheap, so it’s
the bestif you want to consume this plant.
- Kratom Thai: very stimulating, especially at first, but the sedation that comes later is also quite intense. Quite a roller coaster of sensations.
- Kratom PNG: it is like the previous one, but provides less stimulation. It also has a softer and more neutral taste.
What’s behind a Kratom leaf? Kratom is a plant also known for a large number of alkaloids it contains, even more than 40 different types. Researchers still do not understand the complexity of the components of this type of Mitragyna, although they have recognized the two most important alkaloids with the greatest effect:
The different manifestations caused by Kratom depend mainly on the dose used. At low doses, it can produce stimulating effects, typical of other drugs such as cocaine, amphetamines, etc. but of lesser magnitude. While at high doses, the alkaloids activate the opioids receptors and produce similar effects, such as sedation. Some examples are:
Low dose: mild effects are evident, most users avoided fatigue.
- Enhancement of physical well-being.
- Improved sexual performance.
High doses: on the contrary, there are mainly sedative effects, which can be highly harmful to the body, such as:
- Deep analgesia
- Decreased sensitivity
What are the risks?
Many side effects can appear after taking Kratom, it is important to note that they may develop in the short or long term. Milder symptoms include vomiting, nausea, itching, upset stomach
Kratom is a compound with a lot of