Tim Young’s realtor told him that the home he was thinking about buying from them had once been a meth lab. But, they also told him that it had been cleaned and it was perfectly safe to live in. It wasn’t.
Tim has asked me to share his meth lab home experience with you through his words and pictures. His hope is that by sharing his story, others might be able to avoid the tremendous losses that he and his mother have had to endure.
Here is Tim Young’s experience with meth lab homes, in his own words.
I’ll make it short…but there are alot of blanks to fill in ..
In April 2005 after a rough breakup with a loved one I bought a home for myself and my growing older mom …after I lived in the house and remodeled it ..with spare no expense mentality ..because I’m a master craftsman..
I kept getting sick sinus and respiratory ..moved mom in she experienced the same the doctors all told us it was from living in dry air conditions we were from Florida and Georgia ..the home was in Colorado Springs..we would get used to it.
After I got done with remodel had friends from Colorado come for Christmas they all left the home with respiratory problems and sinus stuff. I panicked got the CDC and public health involved and yes ..the home was a former meth house.
We had to walk away from the home. I had to leave everything I owned in it…gone ..was told it could never be cleaned and would never be safe to be around again..anything wood, cloth, porous.
I was ordered to leave and not look back …by EPA, and CDC..hazmat and Denver public health ..”I” lost everything …EVERYTHING..
Mom moved back to Georgia put her stuff in storage ..a yr and a half later when I somewhat was getting better ..but not . I moved her back out here because when she moved back to Georgia into a family owned house . She found out some weeks later after the sickness got worse that , that home was a former meth house also.
I got her out of that house..because our family wouldnt help her and moved her into a new mobile home in Colorado ..we had been in it one month when we unpacked her stuff from storage ..where it had been in storage in Georgia since she moved over the first time and now unpacking it from storage in Colorado.
In seconds … seconds it contaminated – my truck her car and the brand new mobile. We wound up in the hospital with mercury and iodine poisoning..lead poisoning, and the reason was clear – old meth and now a new one HYDROGEN FLOURIDE.
SOMETHING USED IN HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS . FREON AND MAKING GASOLINE…IT WAS IN THAT STORAGE PLACE IN GEORGIA.
We sought the help of the nation again… anyone .. churches , loved ones, national news, local news. We had no help.
We itched profusely … inside out.
She wound up living with my friends mom for a few months and we almost lost her home to this. I was staying with a friend not far from the contaminated mobile and we almost lost his home and auto before we knew what it was.
We itched inside our bodies. Our brains felt always like they were on fire – from the mercury. Our bodies would jerk like electricity was put to it. It was the mercury and all the other poisons.
The medical community wouldn’t help they wouldn’t recognize mercury or heavy metal poisoning and told us it was in our heads. We wound up at a holistic doctor an “all natural doctor”…she diagnosed it and the contamination before the reports came back in from the Denver health again after thousands had already been lost we had to pay to find out what the prob was .. again on the local news and still got no help. We left town in January with nothing on our backs. We had to stop on the way out of town to buy new clothes and throw the old ones away and wash everything down … and pray.
The insurance companies after we paid a couple thousand for test , covered our vehicles but nothing else..now all of her 70 yrs of accumulation – heirlooms and all was gone in a dumpster some 40 feet long by 8 feet tall. We had to clean it up and we were made to keep contaminating ourselves because no one wanted to get near it but we stood the chance of being sued by the park for contaminating the neighborhood.
Now mom’s living in Georgia in a retirement housing project at the mercy of the government housing program.
I’m still basically homeless bouncing from this place to that one, because they destroyed my credit. They have put garnishments up to 50 % of my earning on any pay … but I’m jobless in an already closed market… living off the kindness of people who know me and love me..
I was told by the leading scientist all over the world that you cannot clean up a meth home ..CANNOT…IT WILL ALWAYS BE THERE.
The last test on the original home that the mortgage company was trying to sell off to another idiot..came back 55 times the national legal limits for humans.
***however the bonus to it all ….i am a God loving Jesus loving man and if I wouldn’t have held onto what little faith I had I would have blown my brains out ..I threatened it ….but I am moved past all of this even though remembering all of this is causing some anguish … I’m shaking writing this.
I’m am the freest I have ever been ..I’m still at Gods mercy for food and shelter . I’m going to have to do the bankruptcy thing but I have to wait some 2 plus year or they will destroy and take everything from my mom that my name was attached too .. like apid in trust upon death or anything attached to a will .. NATIONAL LAW … they can put a lien against a will and wait for her to die and take it all again to cover my debts they think I owe.
HR block, “option one” was the lender…Remax was the realtor…Colorado Springs was the city … I have a free life … but I lost all my friends over this .
I’m alone , homeless , and without any loved ones to call my own ..the family blamed me for mom being wiped out ..but forgot the devastation it did to me.
I have tons and tons of reports on this ..rejection letters from attorneys. When I finally found one, the statue of limitations had ran its course so I was hosed again.
Good luck to you ..and your viewers…I hope you have a better run.
Thank you for getting the word out ..an ex friend just popped this over to me today …I felt the need to share. Many many hugs to you and those to whom this has effected. I know there is way many more who are sick but have no idea why.
Timothy Young …living each day as if it is my last…with love in my heart and an infinite amount of forgiveness for all who done this to me ..and all those who turned there backs and looked the other way why my 80 yr old mother and I suffered…may Gods mercy surround them in their times of need.